Bodywork Section


November 11, 2012

Painted the firewall matte black.


Sprayed the underside and wheel wells with SEM Rock-it liner.




Began fabrication of heat extractors into the hood.



Total man-hours: 628


October 28, 2012

Clear coated the shell.




Total man-hours: 614


October 26, 2012

After another 30 hours of bodywork and block sanding it was time for some color on the body.




Total man-hours: 610


October 19, 2012

Wet sanded the panels and more bodywork on the shell.


Total man-hours: 578


October 17, 2012

Built a subwoofer box and cut holes in the rear seat steal to allow for sound to pass through. Also reinforced the holes and filled in the old 6×9″ holes.



Modified the bullet style mirrors to fit the angle of the doors.


Bodyworked the new front fenders, doors and trunk and sprayed them Artic White.



Dom helped me with some bodywork on the shell and I re-shaved the drip rails to get a cleaner look.



Total man-hours: 570


August 29, 2011

Kevin and I spent 80 man-hours enlarging the transmission tunnel, replacing the tail panel, installing the driver’s side wheel well, repairing the driver’s rear fender and rocker panels and continued smoothing the firewall. Also welded in 8 roll bar plates to the floorpan and finished stripping the interior and painting with SEM Rust Shield.







Total man-hours: 500


July 10, 2011

Worked on smoothing the firewall and repairing the rocker and floor pan.






Total man-hours: 372


June 13 to 23, 2011

Kevin and I spent 120 man-hours welding in the rear fender, stripping the shell and rubber undercoating, bodyworking and epoxy priming everything.






Total man-hours: 362

June 6, 2011

Spent 5 hours repairing the rear passenger rocker and door.



Total man-hours: 242

October 9, 2010

Spent 2 hours repainting the frame and components to get a flatter finish.



Total man-hours: 180

October 7, 2010

Spent 2 hours hanging up and painting some steering, drivetrain and frame components.


Total man-hours: 178

October 2, 2010

The frame is done; time to order some chassis parts. Spent 10 hours sandblasting some steering, drivetrain and frame components.



Total man-hours: 176

September 25 and 26, 2010

Spent 8 hours smoothing the front section and notching the spring cups for the air springs. Also prepped and primed the frame one last time.



Total man-hours: 166

September 24, 2010

Spent a couple hours boxing in the frame and smoothing the front section.



Total man-hours: 158

September 22, 2010

Spent 8 hours sealing and cold galvanizing the gas tank. Also picked the frame up from the body shop and began smoothing the welds and boxing in the c-channels.





Total man-hours: 156

September 20, 2010

Spent 8 hours cleaning the gas tank and installing a Competition Engineering sump.






Total man-hours: 148

September 18, 2010

Spent 12 hours sand blasting the doors and trunk. Shaved the driver’s side door handle and trunk latch.





Total man-hours: 140

September 11 and 12, 2010

Spent 10 hours sand blasting, prepping and priming the frame.



Total man-hours: 128

September 10, 2010

Spent the last few months working on side projects and building a paint booth in the shop.


April 3, 2010

Spent 6 hours stripping off paint using chemicals and DA sander.


Total man-hours: 118

March 20 and 27, 2010

Spent 12 hours stripping off paint using soda blaster, DA sander and chemicals (works best).








Total man-hours: 112

March 13, 2010

Spent 4 hours replacing the trunk extension drop down.








Total man-hours: 100

March 6, 2010

Spent 8 hours finishing the drip rail and shaving the passenger door hardware.




Total man-hours: 96


February 27, 2010

Spent 10 hours cutting off, welding and grinding smooth the passenger drip rail.








Total man-hours: 88


February 20, 2010

Spent 8 hours cutting out rust and removing right side wheel well in preparation for patch panels.












Total man-hours: 78